Can a company apply for work visas for its employees in Singapore?
These range from:
- Work permits for domestic workers and labourers,
- S Pass for mid-level skilled workers,
- Employment Passes (EP) for experienced professionals, managerial personnel, executives or specialists with good credentials.
Can Singapore company incorporation help me apply for work visas for foreign employees?
What is Singapore’s work permit?
Why does Singapore have a Foreign Workers Levy?
This is a mechanism to regulate the foreign manpower numbers in the country.
Do employers in Singapore need to adhere to the Dependency Ratio Ceiling?
What is S Pass in Singapore?
- minimum monthly salary of S$2,500 (effective 1st Oct 2020) for young applicants; older, more experienced applicants need higher salaries to qualify
- degree or diploma
- years of work experience
What are the eligibility conditions for the Singapore Employment Pass (EP)?
- managerial or executive roles, or specialised jobs
- a fixed monthly salary of at least S$4,500 for young graduates and higher for older experienced applicants
- acceptable qualifications
Importantly, Singapore employers don’t need to worry about FWL or DRC while applying for Employment Pass (EP) of their foreign employees.
Are there any tips for securing an EP for my employee?
- pay appropriate salaries commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications and experience
- use jobsbank.gov.sg to demonstrate your intent of hiring locals first
- hire a foreigner whose skill-set compliments the work-force
- preferably hire a foreigner from tier one countries/region
- use MOM’s Self-Assessment Tool to gauge the EP application’s success chances
Can we get family passes for EP Holders?
- Dependant Pass: for the legally married spouse, and unmarried children (including the adopted ones) under 21 years; spouses can work in Singapore after securing a Letter of Consent from the MOM
- Long Term Visit Pass in Singapore: for the common-law spouse, unmarried handicapped children above 21 years, step-children under 21, parents (only if the EP holders earns more than S$8,000 per month)
Can EP holders and their families apply for Permanent Residency in Singapore?
More questions on Singapore Visa? Talk to our immigration experts
We provide comprehensive information about Singapore immigration policies, work passes.